Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Share Post: Facebook Twitter
American Pickers?
09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
RE: American Pickers?
I just found out that American Pickers is a fake show also. Had a friend who was on it. Can not disclose a name because "they" (cleaver way to hide sex) had to sign a non disclosure contract. My friend said that the crew showed up at the house before the white van with Mike and Frank. All items to be used on the show were bought and paid for then. all Items "found" by them were pre placed for the show and Mike and Frank did not even look for anything, they already new what and where. My friend also said that Frank was a fire inspector before he started this show and that Mike did have a shop and it was his idea for the show. The real kicker was Danielle was a roller derby queen before the show. Ain't that a kick n the head.
wheat
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I knew the Pickers was staged - it had to be if you think about it. The camera crew has to be set up first. I didn't realize that all of the stuff was already picked out before filming, but that makes sense too. I knew that Mike had been a picker for quite a while and had also been trying for a good while to get the show concept accepted by a producer. It's pretty much all been revealed on their Facebook page. As far as Danielle, I think the old burlesque queen now just pretends that she's part of the business. She now has her own shop, travels a lot, and I really doubt she's very often in the Iowa store except to pretend she's setting up picks. I still like the show though, just to see how much junk some people have hoarded over the years.

I've recently started watching "Abandoned", which I'm sure is also staged, as all of these shows are, but it's cool to see the old churches, factories, mills, etc. that they pick through.

My Presidential Campaign Medal Collection

Collecting since the 1950s
ANA, Fly-In Club, CAC
Terry
09-12-2012, 04:56 PM
i still dont like american pickers Sad
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
(09-12-2012 04:56 PM)johnny9434 Wrote:  i still dont like american pickers Sad

I don't like it anywhere near as much lately as I used to.

ANA, Fly-In Club, CAC
Terry
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
(09-12-2012 04:07 PM)OldCopper Wrote:  I knew the Pickers was staged - it had to be if you think about it. The camera crew has to be set up first. I didn't realize that all of the stuff was already picked out before filming, but that makes sense too. I knew that Mike had been a picker for quite a while and had also been trying for a good while to get the show concept accepted by a producer. It's pretty much all been revealed on their Facebook page. As far as Danielle, I think the old burlesque queen now just pretends that she's part of the business. She now has her own shop, travels a lot, and I really doubt she's very often in the Iowa store except to pretend she's setting up picks. I still like the show though, just to see how much junk some people have hoarded over the years.

I've recently started watching "Abandoned", which I'm sure is also staged, as all of these shows are, but it's cool to see the old churches, factories, mills, etc. that they pick through.
The show with the old car at the cotton gin is about 20 miles from my house. I know the family well.
wheat
09-13-2012, 07:49 PM
That's pretty cool m wheat!

ANA, Fly-In Club, CAC
Terry
09-14-2012, 01:53 PM
im wondering if danielle is going to get her own show of some type. just wondering is all
09-14-2012, 03:09 PM
(09-14-2012 01:53 PM)johnny9434 Wrote:  im wondering if danielle is going to get her own show of some type. just wondering is all

Good question Johnny. I would guess yes, but who knows?

ANA, Fly-In Club, CAC
Terry